Saturday, April 19, 2014

Success - 7 Critical Guiding Principles, No Secrets

by Victor J. McCoy
3V Design Media.com


There are a myriad of books and articles "ad nauseum" on "the secrets to business success". The fact is, there are no secrets. If people are succeeded their will be a traceable reason why. There are standard disciplines that one must execute in business and life to achieve a anything in life and there are things that you can do to destroy your ability to succeed in business and life.   But, there are no secrets to success, even in marriage. Sometimes we want to find information to validate what we really want to do in pursuit of "success" in any area of life.

In the book titled "The Greatest Sales Stories Ever Told." One particular person was very impressive in the world of business but was a bismal failure in their personal life. Did they neglect the one for the other, believing the one to be more important than the other? Sometimes what we think is critically important today is seen as wasted time tomorrow.

If success is defined as the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, then being successful is a matter of  knowing what you should be aiming at. Its a matter of establishing the objective and identifying what tactical steps are necessary, and how must I discipline my time, talents and resources to accomplish the objective.

Here are a few things I've found to be helpful in my pursuit of success.

  1. Define what success is for me in any given area of my life.
  2. Determine why do I consider that to be success.
  3. How will this pursuit impact those around me?
  4. Is it self-centered pride or the desire to be excellent in those areas?
  5. What do I need to know? Or, what should I be meditating on?
  6. Who will I need to include?
  7. Who will I need to rid myself of? Or what will I need to rid myself of.
You may have a few, but I believe these are the most important. Your thoughts are welcome.

No comments: