Okay. You've been told by many that your business needs social media to reach more potential customers. You can increase sales through social media. You need a Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn, a Blog, etc. After repeatedly hearing this you determine that this is something that you need to do for your business. Along with the other "100" things you already do, now you want to build your social media optimization strategy. Why? Because others have told you that this is something you "need" to do. And it will help generate new leads, and new customers.
Developing and executing a Social Media strategy can produce new clients, new customers, etc. But for many it will not. Before launching into this I would like to share 7 requirements that will help your strategy be successful.
- Have a plan. It will keep you from wasting time and focus.
- Set aside time to develop and post articles/information. It will require a great amount of your time and many strategies fail because they do not calculate the amount of time needed to make their pursuits successful.
- Find someone to assist with developing the content. Especially if you do not possess that skill.
- Start out slow if you are doing this alone. Post consistently and as frequent as your schedule will allow.
- Stay at it. It will take time to develop and grow you list of connections/followers.
- Provide relevant information of value to your readers. They want to know how this information will help them.
- Grow in your knowledge of the trends in social media. This could help increase the effectiveness of your strategy.