Before we look at the reasons why they fail we must determine “what do they fail at”. A websites failure is a failure on the part of the organization. Its a result of what the organization fails to do with the website that causes it to fail or not perform as it should.
A website that fails, fails because it does not accomplish the reason for its design. And to some degree the organization fails to fully understand and identify its purpose as it relates to the entire organization. The mission of your website must work in concert with the organizations overall marketing strategy. Today your website is a vital playing in establishing your brand. I have met many business owners and organizational leaders that believe they need a presence on the web to legitimize there business before the public. While there is some merit to that belief, the question that must be asked is “when they (potential customers) get to the website what do you want them to see and do”? What do you want them to experience? What should they be looking for? How do you want them to respond to what they read and see? All of those questions and a few others should be thought through and will assist in developing a website that accomplishes a well planned and important organizational objective.
The following list identifies the top reasons why some websites fail:
1. They launch a website without a clear objective for the website.
2. They fail when they don’t get the type of website they need.
3. Failure to incorporate it into their overall marketing strategy - the marketing mix.
• They have no strategy for driving people to the website, consistently, nor a clear plan to manage it.
4. They listen to all the SEO “gurus” that give them advice on how to increase traffic to their website while asking for money to prove it. You may achieve brand awareness without increasing your overall sales, etc. More traffic or the promise of more traffic does not always equate to increased sale.
5. Failure to invest the amount needed to make the website function as it should.
6. Hiring and amateur to develop your website.
7. Failure to diligently manage the website over a period of time consistently.
So, before you invest in a new or redesigned website do your homework or give 3V Design Media.com a call for quote.